As IT leaders, you can’t seem to catch a break. Your equipment is aging out of its warranty, plus you’re short on storage space. To make matters worse, supply chain disruptions and product shortages mean you can’t get the new network equipment you need for months. Then, inflation steps in, driving equipment prices higher than ever.
This is the scenario we’re hearing from our customers right now. They’re facing a perfect storm of challenges that feel very 2022. Yet, ironically, the solution has been around for decades.
Buying refurbished IT equipment allows you to maximize your budget and still have equipment that a trusted partner backs. While this approach is having its moment due to supply chain disruptions and product delays, it’s been our bread-and-butter business for more than 25 years.
If you’re struggling to get the equipment you need, here are three reasons why buying refurbished network equipment may be your post-pandemic solution.
Reason #1: Price
Generally speaking, refurbished networking equipment will cost you significantly less than new equipment purchased directly from the manufacturer. And depending on where you’re at in your equipment lifecycle, this can have a double benefit:
- Buy-side – if you’re buying refurbished equipment, you can maximize your budget. You’ll get solid, reliable equipment that’s thoroughly tested and ready to install, but you’ll pay much, much less for it.
- Sell-side – if you’re selling network equipment, you can reinvest the proceeds to purchase the new equipment you need at a lower net cost. At Summit 360, we’re focused on providing value through our refurbished hardware and getting you the best return on your used equipment.
We understand if you have concerns about whether refurbished IT equipment will perform well in your network. We talk to plenty of people who kick the tires hard before going this route. Kick away!
Our proven processes are what separates us from the competition. Everything we do – inspection, checkpoints, compliance, reporting – focuses on providing premium products. The only way you’ll know it’s refurbished is the price.
Reason #2: Availability
Have you tried to order new networking equipment lately? Supply chain disruptions are real, with a lack of availability in some cases and longer than usual lead times in others. These delays are especially challenging for companies that want to stick with one manufacturer in their network environment – many of you just don’t have the time to wait.
Buying refurbished can solve this challenge, but not all refurbished equipment sellers operate in the same way:
- On-demand – some refurbished IT equipment vendors wait to acquire assets until they have an order. Right now, this approach is problematic because you can face longer wait times when you’re already pressed for time.
- Pre-sourced – other partners have refurbished stock and/or a network of long-term supplier relationships, both of which help you get equipment more quickly.
We’re known for sourcing reliable, refurbished IT hardware and bringing it to the resale marketplace, including hard-to-find equipment.
Reason #3: Support
IT leaders are often surprised to discover the level of post-sale service and support you can receive going the refurbished IT equipment route. While each vendor offers different combinations of options, here’s an overview of ours to use as a benchmark:
- Warranty – Our Peak Select Lifetime Warranty covers the cost of repairs and two-way ground shipping, and advance replacement units to get your network up and running as quickly as possible. It is one of the best warranties in our industry for both new and pre-owned equipment, and we’re proud to offer it. The cost is part of the purchase price and is valid for as long as you own the product.
- Tech Support – Our Summit 360 Global Care is a 24/7/365 tech support program that covers servers, storage, and network devices. It costs a fraction of what you’d expect to pay OEMs. So, you’ll get top-tier support (the kind you deserved in the first place) and pay less for it.
From our warranties to the way we support the refurbished hardware we provide, we back up everything we sell so that you can trust in its reliability and integrity.
Need expert guidance?
We’re pretty grateful right now to have decades of experience. Today’s marketplace is like nothing we’ve ever seen, and it would be challenging for the newly initiated.
If you’re considering refurbished IT equipment, we welcome the chance to earn your business. Contact us today.